Latest topics
» Guide to playing swbf2
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:11 pm by {(JOG)}Sparta

» Anyone have WoW
Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:16 pm by [NH]Evolution

» Retiring as Leader
Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:57 am by [NH] Henrique

» Long time, no see...
Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:09 pm by [NH]CommandoChris

» Member Check-In
Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:04 am by [NH]Shadow

» Any one want a discord
Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:40 pm by [NH]dragon58

» Star Wars Rebels
Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:56 pm by [NH]Mr.Yankovic

» The New Game
Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:41 am by [NH]Mr.Yankovic

» THE FORCE awkakens
Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:37 pm by [NH]CommandoChris


BF2 Shut Down?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by Commander Delta of SRA on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Or Tunngle

Commander Delta of SRA
Ambassador

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-26
Location : Kamino and works at the Death Star, owns the ship Tantive 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by Pyro on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:22 pm

[NH]Veritas wrote:Someone needs to buy GameSpy and let all the games continue I can share my whole whoppin $10 to help someone Very Happy
I don't know if this would(or could) ever happen, but this seemingly insane idea may work! I just researched it and(on average) about 75 people are on at one time, on any given day. I know it is a slightly(ok very) crazy idea to think that NH could own gamespy but who knows? Just a thought. We(NH) could raise awareness on bf2 and some of the other games and get people to donate. Facebook, Twitter, instagram, anything to get this going. I think (even though I'm not IN the clan..yet) that we could get the game(s) to stay permanently. If NH would put it to a vote then bf2 might be able to be saved after all. cheers 

Pyro
Applicant

Posts : 19
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-12-17
Age : 17
Location : Lost in space

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]CommandoChris on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:32 pm

If that plan were to somehow, miraculously be decided to be enacted, I don't think NH would be the smart choice of a clan to support it. A more logical decision would be to have a group of clans that typically spend a lot of their time on the game (i.e. JOG, ~SE~, SWL, and SWGO even though it is a 'community' instead of a clan). But I'm guessing you suggested this so that NH would literally be the rulers of SWBF2 online, but if NH were to lead this plan into action with other clans on board, we would still have power, don't worry.  happy banna happy banna clap 

_________________
avatar
[NH]CommandoChris
General

Posts : 461
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-07-27
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by Pyro on Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm

The reason I wanted NH to "head it up" is that they would make smart decisions and not change the gameplay to their selfish desires . Plus with NH in charge then they could set up a suggestion box and such for good changes to the gameplay that everyone would enjoy.

Pyro
Applicant

Posts : 19
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-12-17
Age : 17
Location : Lost in space

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]CommandoChris on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:59 pm

That would require a LOT of coding, and not to mention chamge to the gaming community. People are creatures of habit and they might not like it if it changes too much.

_________________
avatar
[NH]CommandoChris
General

Posts : 461
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-07-27
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]Veritas on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:05 am

[NH]CommandoChris wrote:That would require a LOT of coding, and not to mention chamge to the gaming community. People are creatures of habit and they might not like it if it changes too much.
A lot of coding? Infinite mines would be nice.

Need a doorway defended? No problem, lay 5 mines, laugh as they get launched back 10 feet.

Incoming hero? No problem. Place 200 mines, launch them out of the map.

Keep people from taking the flag? No problem.

_________________
avatar
[NH]Veritas
General

Posts : 366
Reputation : -22
Join date : 2013-07-17
Age : 15
Location : In a computer chair playing SWBF2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]Shadow on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:46 am

Pyro wrote:The reason I wanted NH to "head it up" is that they would make smart decisions and not change the gameplay to their selfish desires . Plus with NH in charge then they could set up a suggestion box and such for good changes to the gameplay that everyone would enjoy.
If NH is in charge, that would indirectly mean I'm in charge, right? Laughing goodbye, det packs  Cool 

_________________



"Not all hope is lost if we stand together and continue to fight." - Battle Logs of [NH].
avatar
[NH]Shadow
General

Posts : 691
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-07-14
Location : Jag är vördnadsbjudande

View user profile http://teamnighthawk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]Veritas on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:39 pm

[NH]Shadow wrote:
Pyro wrote:The reason I wanted NH to "head it up" is that they would make smart decisions and not change the gameplay to their selfish desires . Plus with NH in charge then they could set up a suggestion box and such for good changes to the gameplay that everyone would enjoy.
If NH is in charge, that would indirectly mean I'm in charge, right? Laughing goodbye, det packs  Cool 
Lol so I suppose if no detpacks...no infinite mines Sad

_________________
avatar
[NH]Veritas
General

Posts : 366
Reputation : -22
Join date : 2013-07-17
Age : 15
Location : In a computer chair playing SWBF2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by Commander Delta of SRA on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:12 pm

*loads up chain gun * FOR THE REPUBLICCCC

Commander Delta of SRA
Ambassador

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-26
Location : Kamino and works at the Death Star, owns the ship Tantive 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]Veritas on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:20 pm

Commander Delta of SRA wrote:*loads up chain gun * FOR THE REPUBLICCCC
For the republic of [NH]...

_________________
avatar
[NH]Veritas
General

Posts : 366
Reputation : -22
Join date : 2013-07-17
Age : 15
Location : In a computer chair playing SWBF2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]_$rijapto on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Shadow, no detpacks if you were in charge? You cruel, cruel man. I need to be good at SOMETHING.

And for the record Delta and Veritas, everybody knows that NH is not a republic. Its a socialist thug hug led by DW.
avatar
[NH]_$rijapto

Posts : 663
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-08-21
Age : 18
Location : Posing for a statue dedicated to my Awesomeness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]CommandoChris on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:10 pm

With Yank pulling strings behind the curtain...speaking of the devil...where'd he go?

_________________
avatar
[NH]CommandoChris
General

Posts : 461
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-07-27
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]DarkWarrior on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:17 pm

[NH]_$rijapto wrote:Shadow, no detpacks if you were in charge? You cruel, cruel man. I need to be good at SOMETHING.

And for the record Delta and Veritas, everybody knows that NH is not a republic. Its a socialist thug hug led by DW.
A Communist Totalitarian Police State. Twisted Evil

_________________

avatar
[NH]DarkWarrior
Leader

Posts : 841
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 20
Location : The mild, seismically active land of Western Canada.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by Commander Delta of SRA on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:34 pm

SRA is a Republic dark -.-

www.rebuildsilentrepublic.shivtr.com

Commander Delta of SRA
Ambassador

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-26
Location : Kamino and works at the Death Star, owns the ship Tantive 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]Mr.Yankovic on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:14 am

[NH]CommandoChris wrote:With Yank pulling strings behind the curtain...speaking of the devil...where'd he go?
trying to work swbf2 with gameranger and tungle NEEDS bandwith
avatar
[NH]Mr.Yankovic
Private

Posts : 594
Reputation : -27
Join date : 2013-09-22
Age : 17
Location : A data processing unit on Naboo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]CommandoChris on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:15 am

THERE HE IS!

_________________
avatar
[NH]CommandoChris
General

Posts : 461
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-07-27
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]Shadow on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:16 am

[NH]Veritas wrote:
[NH]Shadow wrote:
Pyro wrote:The reason I wanted NH to "head it up" is that they would make smart decisions and not change the gameplay to their selfish desires . Plus with NH in charge then they could set up a suggestion box and such for good changes to the gameplay that everyone would enjoy.
If NH is in charge, that would indirectly mean I'm in charge, right? Laughing goodbye, det packs  Cool 
Lol so I suppose if no detpacks...no infinite mines Sad
I don't mind mines at all...it's only det packs I have an issue with  Twisted Evil 

_________________



"Not all hope is lost if we stand together and continue to fight." - Battle Logs of [NH].
avatar
[NH]Shadow
General

Posts : 691
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-07-14
Location : Jag är vördnadsbjudande

View user profile http://teamnighthawk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]DarkWarrior on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:51 am

[NH]Shadow wrote:
[NH]Veritas wrote:
[NH]Shadow wrote:
Pyro wrote:The reason I wanted NH to "head it up" is that they would make smart decisions and not change the gameplay to their selfish desires . Plus with NH in charge then they could set up a suggestion box and such for good changes to the gameplay that everyone would enjoy.
If NH is in charge, that would indirectly mean I'm in charge, right? Laughing goodbye, det packs  Cool 
Lol so I suppose if no detpacks...no infinite mines Sad
I don't mind mines at all...it's only det packs I have an issue with  Twisted Evil 
Suspicious  Evil or Very Mad

Angry DW is Angry.

_________________

avatar
[NH]DarkWarrior
Leader

Posts : 841
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 20
Location : The mild, seismically active land of Western Canada.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]Shadow on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:05 am

[NH]the_dark_warrior wrote:
[NH]Shadow wrote:
[NH]Veritas wrote:
[NH]Shadow wrote:
Pyro wrote:The reason I wanted NH to "head it up" is that they would make smart decisions and not change the gameplay to their selfish desires . Plus with NH in charge then they could set up a suggestion box and such for good changes to the gameplay that everyone would enjoy.
If NH is in charge, that would indirectly mean I'm in charge, right? Laughing goodbye, det packs  Cool 
Lol so I suppose if no detpacks...no infinite mines Sad
I don't mind mines at all...it's only det packs I have an issue with  Twisted Evil 
Suspicious  Evil or Very Mad

Angry DW is Angry.
Apathetic Shadow is Apathetic.

_________________



"Not all hope is lost if we stand together and continue to fight." - Battle Logs of [NH].
avatar
[NH]Shadow
General

Posts : 691
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-07-14
Location : Jag är vördnadsbjudande

View user profile http://teamnighthawk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]_$rijapto on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:05 pm

[NH]Shadow wrote:
[NH]the_dark_warrior wrote:
[NH]Shadow wrote:
[NH]Veritas wrote:
[NH]Shadow wrote:
Pyro wrote:The reason I wanted NH to "head it up" is that they would make smart decisions and not change the gameplay to their selfish desires . Plus with NH in charge then they could set up a suggestion box and such for good changes to the gameplay that everyone would enjoy.
If NH is in charge, that would indirectly mean I'm in charge, right? Laughing goodbye, det packs  Cool 
Lol so I suppose if no detpacks...no infinite mines Sad
I don't mind mines at all...it's only det packs I have an issue with  Twisted Evil 
Suspicious  Evil or Very Mad

Angry DW is Angry.
Apathetic Shadow is Apathetic.

Stupid ideas about having no detpacks are stupid.

We done?
avatar
[NH]_$rijapto

Posts : 663
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-08-21
Age : 18
Location : Posing for a statue dedicated to my Awesomeness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]Mr.Yankovic on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:27 am

[NH]_$rijapto wrote:
[NH]Shadow wrote:
[NH]the_dark_warrior wrote:
[NH]Shadow wrote:
[NH]Veritas wrote:
[NH]Shadow wrote:
Pyro wrote:The reason I wanted NH to "head it up" is that they would make smart decisions and not change the gameplay to their selfish desires . Plus with NH in charge then they could set up a suggestion box and such for good changes to the gameplay that everyone would enjoy.
If NH is in charge, that would indirectly mean I'm in charge, right? Laughing goodbye, det packs  Cool 
Lol so I suppose if no detpacks...no infinite mines Sad
I don't mind mines at all...it's only det packs I have an issue with  Twisted Evil 
Suspicious  Evil or Very Mad

Angry DW is Angry.
Apathetic Shadow is Apathetic.

Stupid ideas about having no detpacks are stupid.

We done?
No no no no Doggy Afuera
avatar
[NH]Mr.Yankovic
Private

Posts : 594
Reputation : -27
Join date : 2013-09-22
Age : 17
Location : A data processing unit on Naboo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]DarkWarrior on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 pm

I'm no longer (as sad as I was) anymore...


http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/22/2k-migrates-civilization-games-and-borderlands-from-gamespy-to-steamworks/

_________________

avatar
[NH]DarkWarrior
Leader

Posts : 841
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 20
Location : The mild, seismically active land of Western Canada.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]Mr.Yankovic on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:41 am

[NH]the_dark_warrior wrote:I'm no longer (as sad as I was) anymore...


http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/22/2k-migrates-civilization-games-and-borderlands-from-gamespy-to-steamworks/
I can't open the link on the school computer, does this effect SWBF2 also? Or SWRC?
avatar
[NH]Mr.Yankovic
Private

Posts : 594
Reputation : -27
Join date : 2013-09-22
Age : 17
Location : A data processing unit on Naboo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]CommandoChris on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:37 pm

This is all taken from http://clanjog.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=747&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 , an article on JOG's website about the BF2 Shutdown, and Leonardo brought up an interesting alternative.
Leonardo";p="5406 wrote:http://www.gameranger.com/games/ Can be used as a replacement. I've tried this for a couple games long ago and it worked fine.
Leonardo";p="5437 wrote:These type of programs connect you to others so you can play together. The lag depends on how good your connection as well as the server and the distance you are from it.


Some info

"The PC crowd tends to spot damage early and then route around it, whether that means fan-made patches for games like Knights of the Old Republic II or, in this case, an entire secondary system built to prevent just such a catastrophe as seventy games losing Internet matchmaking.

Scott Kevill developed GameRanger, an Internet gaming service, for the Mac in 1999 and released a PC client in 2008. It has some limitations (like no voice chat unless you buy a premium subscription) but the service allows you to host and play games online, effectively duplicating the functionality found in GameSpy—as long as you know it's out there. GameRanger isn't baked into the games themselves, so you'll have to grab it from the website first and run it as a standalone program.

But it's the solution to many of the current GameSpy issues, and Kevill has been going around Reddit trying to calm people's fears. A number of games on the original list are already playable through GameRanger—Battlefront II, Civilization IV, Borderlands, Quake III Arena, Medieval II: Total War, and a host of others. Then there are a number of games Kevill knows can be added to GameRanger, although they're not up yet—games like Battlefield 2142, Far Cry, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and Halo: Combat Evolved."
Although, Shadow, Eyes Only, some guys from SWL, and a few others are working on a new Master Server to support BF2. Rumor has it that an early version will be distributed to a few players to test it out within a month.

_________________
avatar
[NH]CommandoChris
General

Posts : 461
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-07-27
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by [NH]Mr.Yankovic on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:34 am

[NH]CommandoChris wrote:This is all taken from http://clanjog.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=747&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 , an article on JOG's website about the BF2 Shutdown, and Leonardo brought up an interesting alternative.
Leonardo";p="5406 wrote:http://www.gameranger.com/games/ Can be used as a replacement. I've tried this for a couple games long ago and it worked fine.
Leonardo";p="5437 wrote:These type of programs connect you to others so you can play together. The lag depends on how good your connection as well as the server and the distance you are from it.


Some info

"The PC crowd tends to spot damage early and then route around it, whether that means fan-made patches for games like Knights of the Old Republic II or, in this case, an entire secondary system built to prevent just such a catastrophe as seventy games losing Internet matchmaking.

Scott Kevill developed GameRanger, an Internet gaming service, for the Mac in 1999 and released a PC client in 2008. It has some limitations (like no voice chat unless you buy a premium subscription) but the service allows you to host and play games online, effectively duplicating the functionality found in GameSpy—as long as you know it's out there. GameRanger isn't baked into the games themselves, so you'll have to grab it from the website first and run it as a standalone program.

But it's the solution to many of the current GameSpy issues, and Kevill has been going around Reddit trying to calm people's fears. A number of games on the original list are already playable through GameRanger—Battlefront II, Civilization IV, Borderlands, Quake III Arena, Medieval II: Total War, and a host of others. Then there are a number of games Kevill knows can be added to GameRanger, although they're not up yet—games like Battlefield 2142, Far Cry, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, and Halo: Combat Evolved."
Although, Shadow, Eyes Only, some guys from SWL, and a few others are working on a new Master Server to support BF2. Rumor has it that an early version will be distributed to a few players to test it out within a month.
OHHH PICK ME
avatar
[NH]Mr.Yankovic
Private

Posts : 594
Reputation : -27
Join date : 2013-09-22
Age : 17
Location : A data processing unit on Naboo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BF2 Shut Down?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum